Thornton Tomasetti, the international engineering firm, announced that Federico Balestrazzi, P.E., has joined the firm’s newly opened Miami office as a vice president in its Façade Engineering practice. He will serve as the practice leader for the mid-Atlantic South region. Balestrazzi has more than 15 years of experience in façade and structural design, project management and testing, and restoration and repair.
• Balestrazzi specializes in the design and construction of complex building enclosures and façades, particularly high-rise curtainwall systems and stone facades.
• He will cultivate new relationships and secure projects on both the design side and façade restoration. In South Florida, there is considerable potential for façade services on existing buildings as well; the sea, sun and sand can have an adverse impact on building envelopes. He will also oversee projects in the firm’s other regions.
• Prior to Thornton Tomasetti, Balestrazzi operated his own engineering consulting firm in Miami, FOURZERO LLC, which provided façade, cladding and materials selection services for commercial, residential and hospitality projects in the U.S. and South America. Balestrazzi worked on the renovation of the new Miami Stadium, home to the Miami Dolphins, for which Thornton Tomasetti provided structural services.
• He is a licensed professional engineer in Maine and is a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers.
• Balestrazzi received a bachelor’s degree in industrial design and architecture from the Politecnico di Milano in Milan, Italy, a master’s degree in civil engineering from Lamar University in Beaumont, Texas, and an MBA degree from Babson College in Wellesley, Mass.
Sergio De Gaetano, Dott.Ing., CEng, MICE, FSFE, principal & Façade Engineering practice leader, Thornton Tomasetti
“We are pleased to welcome Federico to the Façade Engineering practice. He brings a unique mix of technical experience, gained through his work with façade consultants and contractors, and organizational and management skills. While his primary role will be to grow the business in the mid-Atlantic South region, we see him as a senior-level resource for the practice in the United States and potentially Latin America, thanks to his Spanish language skills and renewal and litigation expertise.”
About Thornton Tomasetti (www.ThorntonTomasetti.com)
Thornton Tomasetti is a leader in engineering design, investigation and analysis serving clients worldwide on projects of all sizes and complexity. Through its 10 complementary practices, Thornton Tomasetti addresses the full life cycle of a structure. We have supported clients working in more than 50 countries, with projects that include the tallest buildings and longest spans to the restoration of prized historic properties. Thornton Tomasetti comprises more than 1,200 engineering, architecture, sustainability practitioners and support professionals who collaborate from offices across North America and in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
Great Ink Communications – 212.741.2977
Eric Gerard/ Lindsay Church/Alyson Grala
Thornton Tomasetti – 917.661.7800
James M. Kent, JKent@ThorntonTomasetti.com
Follow these topics: