Thornton Tomasetti’s New York office seeks a talented forensic architect with 8 to 12 years experience for our growing Property Loss Consulting Practice.
Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are an employee-held organization of 1,200 engineers, architects, sustainability practitioners and support professionals collaborating from offices across North America and in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
Candidate should have an interest and experience in architectural forensics, Insurance claim investigation, litigation support, property condition assessments, damage assessments, design and detailing. Assignments will include participation in field forensics investigations, analysis of existing structures, report writing and development of design/repair drawings and specifications.
• Coordination, planning and completion of architectural investigations.
• Communication with clients
• Plan, formulate and organize project staff according to the needs of the investigation.
• Organize and coordinate multi-discipline teams including structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection engineers and architects.
• Analysis of building systems.
• Management of project deliverables.
• Understand and track financial performance of projects under your direction.
• Build and develop client relationships, and nurture existing relationships.
• May be called upon to testify at depositions, arbitrations and/or trial.
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree in architecture, architectural technology, or architectural engineering.
• 8 to 12 (or more) years of relevant architectural experience.
• Strong technical skills.
• Working knowledge of, and experience with, a variety of building types.
• Full understanding of natural and man-made risks and vulnerabilities.
• Strong working knowledge and comfort with codes.
• Excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills.
• Excellent organization and project management skills.
• Ability and willingness to travel both within the US and internationally (sometimes at short notice) to the location of a loss.
• Physical ability and comfort operating in challenging environments including locations that may have experienced recent catastrophic losses including hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, fires, building collapses, floods, etc.
• Ability to lift and carry materials up to 50 Lbs.
• Ability to perform work in temperature extremes and unconditioned spaces.
• Ability and comfort working at heights.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.