Thornton Tomasetti seeks a Billing Coordinator in our Kansas City office – join our growing, prestigious global company where we strive to maintain a work environment based on cooperation, respect, and employee growth and satisfaction.
Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity.
• Set up new projects and monitor the status of existing projects in the accounting system
• Effectively communicate with Project Managers regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modification, approvals, and any additional service-related to billing
• Compile, analyze, & process a high volume of project bills to clients on a monthly basis
• Work closely with project managers to ensure that invoices are accurate and comply with corporate guidelines
• Review weekly timesheets to ensure that they have been submitted and approved prior to invoicing
• Maintain project billing folder and accounting system to ensure all invoices and other project related documents are readily accessible for project managers & accounting department
• Communicate professionally with project managers, clients and other staff providing accurate information and timely responds to inquiries and completion of assignments
• Investigate billing errors and resolve discrepancies
• Assist with special projects as needed
• Coordinating with other members of the finance group to ensure accuracy
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications
• 3-5 years of billing experience in a professional services company
• Associates or Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance or similar field preferred
• Knowledge of Deltek Vision software is a plus
• Proficient in MS Excel
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to organize and coordinate tasks
• Detail oriented a must
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefits package, which includes medical and dental insurance, a matching 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, and a friendly, collaborative work environment.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.