Thornton Tomasetti is seeking a talented BIM Modeler with scripting experience in Grasshopper/Dynamo for its San Francisco office. Depending on experience and skills, the opportunity could be for BIM/Digital Leader of Thornton Tomasetti’s San Francisco office or a chance to grow into this role.
Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a 100% employee-held organization of 1,200 engineers, architects, and sustainability and support professionals collaborating from offices across the United States and in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
• Structural BIM work on Thornton Tomasetti’s varied and challenging projects
• Scripting work in Grasshopper and/or Dynamo, working in conjunction with Thornton Tomasetti’s Computational Modeling and Research group
• Coordination of design work with in-house staff as well as representation of Thornton Tomasetti at external meeting with architects, contractors and other engineering disciplines
• Fluency with Autodesk Revit Structure
• Scripting proficiency in packages such as Grasshopper and Dynamo
• Experience managing people
• Ability to read construction documents
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Degree in architecture, modeling or a related field a plus
• Engineering education and experiences with structural analysis and software a plus
We offer an excellent benefits package including company-paid medical and dental insurance, a matching 401(k) plan, and a friendly, collaborative work environment.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.