Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a 100% employee-held organization of 1,200 engineers, architects, sustainability and support professionals collaborating from offices across the United States and in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East. We focus on providing a diverse suite of integrated services and leading innovation in our industry to ensure the continued success of our clients.
Thornton Tomasetti’s Weidlinger Transportation practice is looking for a Bridge Inspection Team Leader / Lead Inspector for its New York 40 Wall Street office. The Bridge Inspection Team Leader will perform structural bridge inspections for Port Authority of NY &NJ and NYSDOT. Candidates should have at least five years of recent experience in bridge inspection as a team leader and design experience. Specific past experience with NYSDOT and Port Authority of NY & NJ bridge inspection projects is required. The Weidlinger Transportation practice has a rich history and continued strong presence in the design and inspection of East River suspension bridges and other long span bridges and arterial bridges in the metropolitan area.
• NY PE is required. Additional NJ license is a plus.
• BS or MS degree in engineering.
• Recent Bridge inspection and design experience. Minimum of 5 years as a PE.
• Strong coordination, communication skills, and a team player.
• Technical excellence, with aptitude/interest in continued learning.
• Detail and quality oriented, and responsible, to work successfully in teams or independently.
• Direct experience as a “Lead Team Leader “is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefits package, which includes medical and dental insurance, a matching 401(k) plan, and a friendly, collaborative work environment.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.