Thornton Tomasetti is seeking an energetic, technical MEP engineer or technical architect with 8-15+ years of experience to head up the Technical Analytics services for our New York City Sustainability Practice. The Sustainability practice is a growing 20-person group spread between NYC, San Francisco, Chicago, London and Portland, Maine. Our purpose as a practice is to help design teams, developers, and owners create high performance, low energy buildings. Our collaborative efforts may be as a member of a multi service project team as well as an independent consultant to the design team or owner.
• Primary focus on New York and East Coast architects and developers with the ability to collaborate on projects across the country and around the globe as the opportunities arise with our clients.
• Participate in and support the development of practice wide sustainability services.
• Secure and lead projects in Sustainability and/or energy optimization.
• Collaborate, support and manage sustainable strategies and energy optimization services to architects and developers.
• Support synergies with other Practices: Structure, Facade, Renewal, Applied Science, Protective Design, and Transportation.
• Support synergies with CORE Group.
• Give lectures, teach workshops both in-house and outside the firm.
• Provide strategic internal education to support and advance the firm’s evolution as a global engineering company that embraces sustainability in all practice areas, and in how we operate.
• Work with the Business Development team to network and build relationships in the NYC area.
• Help grow the NYC team to 8-10+ people over the next 4 years.
Job Time Split
• 10-15% Business development
• 75-80% Project work
• 5-10% General Practice Support
• 5-15% Engage with other practices (Structure, Facade, CORE, Renewal, Applied Science) in the development of tools and services.
Expand Current offerings
• Collaborate with Practice leader, and grow the Sustainability Group in New York, and support the east coast efforts.
• Potential to engage with all offices in the Eastern Region once NY group is established.
• Work with and lead NYC team of Technical staff, and collaborate with other technical staff within the Sustainability Practice, for Energy Modeling, Climate Engineering, Comfort analysis, Daylight Analysis, CFD Analysis and Parametric analysis
• Oversee NYSERDA Projects
• Manage and/or participate in the development of parametric analysis tools for high performance, low energy buildings, in collaboration with our CORE Studio
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.