Thornton Tomasetti’s Renewal practice is seeking talented Building Envelope Architects and Engineers for our Boston office. The ideal candidates for this position will have a strong background in the diagnosis of building envelope failures and the design of associated repairs, restoration and rehabilitation. The candidate must be highly adaptable and demonstrate excellent initiative to manage staff and assignments, develop client relationships and generate business.
• Provide leadership, direction and coordination to technical project teams.
• Collaborate with in-house multidisciplinary staff.
• Investigate building envelope failures, deterioration and other performance issues, and design solutions.
• Lead projects and take professional responsibility for design.
• Manage project budgets, schedules and staffing.
• Develop new client relationships and nurture existing client relationships.
• Degree in Architecture or Architectural Engineering with concentration in building envelope or historic preservation, or MS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
• Massachusetts P.E. or R.A.
• 7+ years of relevant experience in building envelopes, structural engineering and/or historic preservation.
• Strong technical skills in the evaluation, analysis and detailing of building envelope repairs, including knowledge of components, materials and construction techniques.
• Knowledge of relevant materials and systems including masonry, stone, terra cotta, curtain walls, windows, roofing, sealants, plaza waterproofing, etc.
• Knowledge of field investigation methods and scientific principles of building performance.
• Knowledge of historic building construction
• Experience managing projects and staff.
• Field experience and strong interest in working on site.
• Strong technical, written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong client management skills and business development experience.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, a matching 401(k) plan, and a friendly, collaborative work environment.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.