Thornton Tomasetti, an international engineering company, provides building engineering services to clients worldwide on projects of all sizes and complexity. We are currently looking for BIM Modelers to develop 3-dimensional (3D) models of our projects from concept through construction. The position will involve working with a dynamic team of engineers and designers to develop building solutions that meet our clients’ needs.
The BIM Modeler will perform the functions of creating project deliverable drawings and models using the current versions of available software. Work includes 3D parametric modeling, representation and annotation of 3D information in 2D drawings, and 2D detailing for complex projects.
• Create 3D BIM models to a high level of accuracy.
• Develop plans, sections, elevations and details from a 3D BIM model for projects of all sizes and technical complexities.
• Clearly annotate, dimension and detail production drawings in conformance to Thornton Tomasetti standards and practices.
• Setup and manage large sheets sets including revisions and markups for each project. Plot drawings to pdf, dwg, or to paper plots.
• Create 3D views or renderings on an as-needed basis for marketing or project use.
• Use advanced tools such as Navisworks for project collaboration across multiple disciplines in a BIM environment.
• Interface with engineers, our clients, and other consultants through clear communication and drawings. Interact with our clients to coordinate BIM modeling content and approaches, model exchanges, quality control, and delivery.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline (Civil Engineering, Architecture, Interior Design, etc.) is preferred.
• Experience and understanding of REVIT Structure, AutoCAD Architecture, and their supporting technologies. Experience and understanding of interfacing with REVIT Architecture and MEP is preferred.
• Excellent understanding of 3D parametric modeling to maximize the benefits of an integrated building model.
• Thorough understanding of building components for modeling structural components intelligently and efficiently to ensure the integrity of the structural model.
• Excellent skills in relation to rendering and graphic formats and their manipulation and output.
• Experience in Rhino, Grasshopper, TEKLA, and data exchanges between BIM platforms is preferred.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.