Thornton Tomasetti, a growing structural engineering consulting firm, seeks a bright, client-oriented person for entry-level helpdesk position in its downtown Chicago office.
• Use BMC FootPrints to accurately document, prioritize & track requests.
• Install, diagnose problems, repair, maintain, and upgrade all PC hardware, software, and equipment to ensure optimal performance
• Troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via email) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where needed
• Assist in preparing, maintaining and upholding procedures for logging, reporting and statistically monitoring desktop operations
• Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, network cards and other components and equipment
• Train and orient staff on use of hardware, software, and IT policy and procedures
• Work with vendor support to resolve technical problems with desktop equipment and software
• Associate degree in computer science and 1-4 years related IT support experience
• Preferred Certifications: A+ (MSCA and/or MCITP. Network+ certification a plus)
• Technical Knowledge of PC/Mac hardware. Specific knowledge of hardware including Dell Workstations, Lenovo Laptops, HP Printers, Kyocera Copiers, Oce Plotters, Blackberry and iOS handheld devices a plus.
• Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
• Strong working knowledge of Windows 7\10, Mac OS X, Microsoft Office 2016 and VM Fusion.
• Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012, Exchange 2016, AD & Group Policy a plus.
• Knowledge of CAD/BIM applications (Autodesk and Microstation products) a plus.
• Effective interpersonal, relationship-building and written/oral communication skills.
This position may require passing a US Government Security Clearance.
This position will require some evening/weekend/travel work with overtime compensation.
• Must be able to work after hours / weekends and travel, as situations require
• Sitting for extended periods of time
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand and power tools, and to handle other computer components
• Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy to heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals
Benefits include medical, dental, matching 401(k) and a friendly, collaborative work environment.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.