If you are interested in joining a growing and prestigious international company that strives to maintain a work environment based on cooperation, respect and employee growth and satisfaction, then this is a position for you to consider.
Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a 100% employee-held organization of 1,200 engineers, architects, sustainability and support professionals collaborating from offices across the United States and in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East. We focus on providing a diverse suite of integrated services and leading innovation in our industry to ensure the continued success of our clients.
At this time, we are seeking a Contract Billing Specialist to join our growing team.
• Set up new projects and monitor the status of existing projects in the accounting system
• Effectively communicate with Project Managers regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modification, approvals, and any additional service-related to billing
• Compile, analyze, & process high volume of project bills to clients on a monthly basis
• Work closely with project managers to ensure that invoices are accurate and comply with corporate guidelines.
• Review weekly timesheets to ensure that they have been submitted and approved prior to invoicing.
• Maintain project billing folder and accounting system to ensure all invoices and other project related documents are readily accessible for project managers & accounting department
• Communicate professionally with project managers, clients and other staff providing accurate information and responds timely to inquiries and completion of assignments
• Investigate billing errors, resolve discrepancies and reconciles the account
• Assist with special projects as needed.
• Provide support to other accounting staff
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications
• 3-5 years of billing experience preferably in the engineering, architectural or construction industry
• Federal government billing experience, knowledge of iRAPT/WAWF, GSA, and other billing portals
• Government Contracts Billing terms abstraction
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or similar field
• Knowledge of Deltek Vision software is a plus
• Proficient in MS Excel
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.