Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. has an immediate opportunity in Dallas, TX office for a Senior Forensic Structural Engineer with interests in structural forensic investigation, litigation support, risk loss consulting, structural repair, and retrofit design. This individual will be expected to execute structural investigations of existing buildings and to design remedial repairs for deficient conditions. The investigations include failure cause and origin analysis, life cycle cost and feasibility analyses, risk loss insurance and claims response, and litigation support. The candidate will be required to provide direction to, and review the work product of, junior level staff, coordinate with other project managers on interdisciplinary efforts, support marketing efforts, and develop and maintain client relationships.
• Assist with damage assessment and cause and origin investigations
• Experience in building envelope assessments (moisture infiltration, façade, roofing)
• Perform required calculations and design
• Prepare field notes, feasibility studies, cost analyses, and specifications
• Work with a multi-discipline team of design professionals
• Complete technical and investigative reports to support forensic findings and prepare materials related to presentations
• Interface with clients and attend meetings
• Assist in the preparation of proposals
• Market engineering services and develop business for mechanical engineering
• Assist with the growth and development of the mechanical engineering practice
• Degree (Master’s preferred) in structural engineering or related field
• Professional Engineer’s License
• 8-12 years of experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skill
• Skilled in staff, project, and client management.
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Ability and willingness to travel within the US and internationally
• Fluent Spanish skills, preferred
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.