Thornton Tomasetti is an award-winning 850-person organization of engineers and architects collaborating from offices across the United States and in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East. Thornton Tomasetti addresses the full life cycle of a structure, with projects that include the tallest buildings and longest spans to the restoration of prized historic properties.
Thornton Tomasetti is seeking an experienced Energy Analyst to provide technical expertise in energy efficiency. The position is to be based in Portland, ME within the Sustainability Practice.
• Provide innovative sustainability and energy efficiency solutions and strong engineering/ analysis capabilities.
• Provide technical energy analysis in the Portland office.
• Perform building energy simulations and models in support of the design and construction of high performance buildings, which often are pursuing LEED certification, including new construction and existing buildings.
• Work with a variety of energy analysis software appropriate to the specific project, including eQuest and Energy Plus (using OpenStudio interface).
• Perform spreadsheet-based calculations of potential energy savings opportunities for projects at the planning stages and for policy development.
• Participate with team members in sustainable design charrettes and workshops.
• Review LEED credit documentation related to energy performance for compliance with standards.
• 2-5 days of business travel per month may be required.
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Science, or related field (preferably pursuing P.E).
• Interest in pursuing PHIUS CPHC (Passive House accreditation).
• 2-4 years of related experience.
• Specialized experience and technical expertise in energy analysis, modeling, and energy code compliance using eQuest.
• Strong technical background in commercial/institutional building systems and operations.
• Experience with building systems design & operation and the implementation of energy conservation measures in buildings – primarily commercial, but also multi-family residential.
• Demonstrated excellence in the use of energy modeling software – eQuest, Energy Plus, TRACE and HAP and; Radiance and other daylighting programs is a plus; specifically Grasshopper tools.
• Strong graphics skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office, Autocad, Revit.
• Excellent technical writing and speaking skills.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues and clients.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute numerous project responsibilities simultaneously.
• Energy Auditing experience and/or training preferred.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a collegial work environment.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.