The Façades Designer is responsible for the detailing of façades and running relevant analyses, materials and systems research, and coordinating project work with the team. Must be conscientious and creative, detail-oriented and professional with attentiveness to client communications.
• Analyzes façade performance with specialized software (i.e. loading, thermal analysis, condensation risk, geometry).
• Researches materials and systems to determine specific project suitability.
• Interprets building codes and project/design/construction specifications.
• Prepares façade detailing in 2D and 3D format for client communication.
• Assists in construction administration, responding to RFIs and organizes submittal logs.
• Attends construction meetings, performs site inspections, and prepares field reports for client.
• Interacts with team members and clients regarding project information.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Architecture. Master’s degree preferred.
• Experience: a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience. An advanced degree can be considered as a part of the candidate’s relevant experience.
• Strong analytical and communication skills.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.