Thornton Tomasetti Inc. has an immediate opportunity in the Los Angeles, CA office for a Junior Electrical Engineer with up to three years of experience, and an interest in forensic investigation, litigation support, property loss consulting, structural repair, and retrofit design. The ideal candidate will act as a team member on a variety of projects under the direction of different project managers. Assignments may include participating in field forensics investigations, analyzing existing commercial, industrial electrical systems, writing reports, and developing repair drawings and specifications.
• Degree (Master’s preferred) in electrical engineering
• Up to three years of experience, with existing buildings preferred
• Field experience with diverse building types preferred
• Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
• Excellent organization and project management skills
• Ability and willingness to travel within the US and internationally (average 20% of work time throughout the year)
• On-site inspection/investigation including surveying and documenting observations, photographing, and sketching
• Researches historical background of diverse structures, technical issues, and code issues
• Organizes field data to facilitate analysis and problem solving
• Completes analysis of low and medium voltage systems
• Maintains project records
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. This position requires visual acuity and listening ability; individuals must have the dexterity to be able to operate typical office equipment, as well as field equipment such as ladders.
Requirements may also include
• Ability to attend meetings at various office, field and construction sites
• Ability to perform inspections of buildings and other structures, both visually and with instruments
• Ability to lift and carry materials and equipment up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to perform work in temperature extremes presented by work in the outdoors and unconditioned spaces
• Ability to record data clearly and write passages for reports, letters, etc.
• Ability and willingness to safely work at heights
• Ability to understand and appreciate safety training specific to numerous workplace and construction hazards
• Ability and willingness to work in a variety of occupationally hazardous locations, including confined spaces
• Medically fit to utilize respiratory protection devices and other forms of Personal Protective Equipment
• Ability to drive and safely operate a motor vehicle
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.