Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a 100% employee-held organization of 1,200 engineers, architects, and sustainability and support professionals collaborating from offices across the United States and in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East. We focus on providing a diverse suite of integrated services and leading innovation in our industry to ensure the continued success of our clients.
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. seeks talented forensic structural engineers for our Austin, TX office. Project work includes structural forensic investigation, litigation support, property loss consulting, structural repair and retrofit design. Assignments may include participating in field forensics investigations, analyzing existing structures, writing reports, and developing repair drawings and specifications.
• On-site inspection/investigation including surveying, photographing, sketching, and documenting of field observations
• Research historical background of diverse structures, technical issues, and code issues
• Organize field data to facilitate analysis and problem-solving
• Maintains project records
• Complete structural analysis and repair or rehabilitation design of concrete, steel, wood, masonry, and other structural systems
• Preparation of construction documents within a BIM environment
• Provide technical support for construction litigation work
• Master’s degree in structural engineering or related field.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• EIT license; PE license preferred
• Field experience with diverse building types preferred
• Excellent organization skills
• Ability and willingness to travel within the US and internationally (average 20%)
• Strong sense of teamwork and passion for technical excellence
Requirements may also include
• Ability to attend meetings at office, field and construction sites
• Ability to perform inspections of buildings and other structures, both visually and with instruments
• Ability to lift and carry materials and equipment up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to perform work in temperature extremes presented by work in the outdoors and unconditioned spaces
• Ability and willingness to safely work at heights
• Ability to understand and follow safety training specific to numerous workplace and construction hazards
• Ability and willingness to work in a variety of occupationally hazardous locations, including small spaces
• Medically fit to utilize respiratory protection devices and other forms of Personal Protective Equipment
• Ability to drive and safely operate a motor vehicle
We offer an excellent benefits package including company-paid medical and dental insurance, a matching 401(k) plan, and a friendly, collaborative work environment.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.