Thornton Tomasetti, a premier international building design firm, has an opening for an Electrical Engineer in its Fort Lauderdale and/or Miami, Florida offices. This individual will be expected to be able to provide direction to design engineers, project engineers and project managers in addition to being able to effectively assign tasks, establish their production expectations, and review their work.
The candidate’s experience should include the design of a broad range of electrical systems such as site distribution, building distribution, lighting, fire alarm, security, emergency power generation, cogeneration, UPS, and mission critical systems for industrial, commercial and hospitality facilities.
• Lead the analysis of low voltage and medium voltage electrical distribution systems
• Assist with damage assessment and cause and origin investigation related to insurance claims
• Perform required calculations, design and equipment selections
• Prepare field notes, feasibility studies, cost analyses, and specifications
• Work with a multi-discipline team of design professionals
• Complete technical and investigative reports to support forensic findings and prepare materials related to presentations
• Interface with clients and attend meetings
• Assist in the preparation of proposals
• Market engineering services and develop business for electrical engineering
• Assist with the growth and development of the electrical engineering practice
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
• P.E. required
• 7+ years of experience
• Experience with electrical investigation/design of buildings and industrial systems, as well as interest in litigation support and insurance claims evaluations
• Proficient in both manual and software assisted calculations (including, but not limited to fault current analyses)
• Project management experience
• Strong analytical skills
• Demonstrated ability to satisfy clients
• Strong writing skills
• Strong verbal communication skills
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package includes matching 401K plan and company-paid medical and dental insurance.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.