We seek a bright, client-oriented person for a helpdesk manager position in our midtown NYC headquarters.
To oversee Help Desk staff and ensure that customers are receiving the appropriate assistance. This includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to the identification, prioritization, and resolution of customer help requests, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of Help Desk functions.
Strategy & Planning
• Establish, refine and enforce Help Desk service levels agreements in consultation with the Help Desk staff to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes.
• Analyze performance of Help Desk activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
• Plan and conduct weekly performance appraisals and annual performance reviews of Help Desk staff, administer disciplinary action, raises, bonuses, and promotions when necessary.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of help desk technology procurement and development efforts.
• Manage the processing of incoming request to the Help Desk to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of customer issues.
• Design and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
• Coordinate hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware.
• Monitor and test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
• Access knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
• Track and analyze trends in Help Desk requests and generate statistical reports.
• Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
• Identify, recommend, and develop customer training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency in coordination with the learning and development team.
• Oversee development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists for end users.
• Attend training seminars, conferences, and trade shows to broaden knowledge of current and future Help Desk issues and technologies.
• Oversee the development, implementation, and administration of help desk staff training procedures and policies.
• Train, coach, and mentor Help Desk Technicians and other junior staff.
Formal Education & Certification
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information sciences, or related field.
• Minimum 2 years work experience managing a support team.
• Preferred Certifications: Microsoft Certified Professional, HDI SCA, ITIL, CompTIA A+/Network+
Knowledge & Experience
• Exceptional knowledge of computer hardware, including Dell Precision workstations and Lenovo ThinkPad laptops.
• Deep-seated experience with desktop operating systems, including Windows 7/10.
• Extensive application support experience with MS Office 2016 and knowledge of CAD/BIM applications (Autodesk and Microstation products) a plus.
• Demonstrated progressive experience in the management of a technical support team.
• Proven track record of developing and providing Service Level Agreements and Help Desk deliverables.
• Solid relationship management and performance management skills.
• Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates.
• Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
• Strong documentation skills.
• Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
• Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Create a culture in the department of excellent customer service and partnership with the customers.
• Exceptional customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Additional working hours as required.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
• Some travel may be required.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.