Thornton Tomasetti, a premier global engineering firm has an immediate opportunity in Dallas, TX office for a Junior Forensic Structural Engineer with up to three years of experience, and an interest in structural forensic investigation, litigation support, risk loss consulting, structural repair, and retrofit design. The ideal candidate will act as a team member on a variety of projects under the direction of different project managers. Assignments may include participating in field forensics investigations, analyzing existing structures, writing reports, and developing repair drawings and specifications.
• On-site inspection/investigation including surveying and documenting observations, photographing, and sketching
• Researches historical background of diverse structures, technical issues, and code issues
• Organizes field data to facilitate analysis and problem solving
• Completes structural analysis and repair rehabilitation design of concrete, steel, wood, masonry, and other structural systems
• Maintains project records
• Master’s degree in structural engineering,
• Up to three years of structural and/or forensics experience, with existing buildings preferred
• Field experience with diverse building types
• Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
• Ability and willingness to travel within the US and internationally
• Fluent Spanish language skills are a plus
This position requires visual acuity and listening ability; individuals must have the dexterity to be able to operate typical office equipment, as well as field equipment such as ladders.
Requirements may also include:
• Ability to attend meetings at various office, field and construction sites
• Ability to perform inspections of buildings and other structures, both visually and with instruments
• Ability to lift and carry materials and equipment up to 30 lbs.
• Ability to perform work in temperature extremes presented by work in the outdoors and unconditioned spaces
• Ability to record data clearly and write passages for reports, letters, etc.
• Ability and willingness to safely work at heights
• Ability to understand and appreciate safety training specific to numerous workplace and construction hazards
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.