Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. has an immediate opportunity in the New York, Madison Avenue Office for a motivated and talented junior technical architect with 2-5 years of experience, and an interest in historic preservation focusing on diagnosis of building envelope issues and design of corresponding repairs.
The ideal candidate for this position will act as a team member in the Renewal Practice on a variety of repair/rehabilitation projects. Assignments may include participating in field investigations, evaluating existing buildings, writing reports, developing repair drawings and specifications, performing field inspections on scaffolds during construction.
• Bachelor of Architecture (5 year program), Master of Architecture, or M.S. in Historic Preservation.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• 2-5 years of professional experience in architecture, engineering or historic preservation.
• Experience with restoration of historic wall types, including composite walls, veneers and curtain walls.
• Field experience working on-site, including climbing ladders and accessing scaffolding.
• Technical knowledge of building construction.
• Strong writing and communication skills.
• Strong technical and detailing skills.
• Ability and willingness to travel to jobsites within NYC and Tristate area.
• Excellent AutoCAD skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Strong graphic skills.
• Strong research skills.
• Knowledge of Revit, Photoshop, InDesign and Bluebeam.
• Experience in investigating building envelope systems for leaks and other performance issues.
• Experience in investigation of existing building structures with problems or failures.
• Knowledge of conservation or preservation techniques.
• Ability to work independently.
• Good team player.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.