Thornton Tomasetti seeks an Electrical Engineer, at the Project Engineer level, in its Kansas City, Mo., office. Thornton Tomasetti is putting special emphasis into the growth of its MEP offering nationwide, especially in its Forensics, Renewal and Property Loss Consulting practices.
This individual will be expected to assist in and execute power distribution, lighting, fire alarm and low voltage building system investigations of existing buildings, and to design remedial repairs for deficient conditions. The investigations include failure cause and origin analysis, life cycle cost and feasibility analysis, property loss insurance and claims response, and litigation support. The candidate will also coordinate with other project managers on interdisciplinary efforts.
If you are problem solver, client-centered, bright and have an entrepreneurial spirit, Thornton Tomasetti welcomes the opportunity to review your qualifications.
• Perform the analysis, evaluation, design and specification of electric power distribution, lighting, fire alarm and low voltage building systems
• Review calculations, code requirements, schematic designs, and budgetary cost estimates
• Prepare feasibility studies, reports, and cost analysis
• Work with a multidiscipline team of design professionals
• Interface with clients and represent the firm at meetings
• Assist in the preparation of proposals
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
• 5 – 10 years of experience
• Professional Engineer license
• Proficiency in design
• Proficiency in both manual and software assisted calculations
• Ability to travel to project sites
• Strong analytical skills
• Demonstrated ability to satisfy clients
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Experience with forensic engineering investigations
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical and dental insurance, a matching 401(k) plan, and a friendly, collaborative work environment.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.