Thornton Tomasetti, a premier international building design firm, provides building engineering services to clients worldwide on projects of all sizes and complexity. The Kansas City office is seeking a Structural Engineer with 5 – 10 years of experience. The position will involve working with a dynamic team of engineers and designers to develop solutions that meet our client’s needs.
• Assist in the direction, coordination, planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility
• Communicate with clients to understand project requirements
• Plan and formulate engineering program and organize project staff according to project requirements
• Perform analysis and design of structural systems for all types of buildings and materials using various building codes
• Manage other design team members and supervise the work of engineers and BIM modelers
• Directs project staff in preparing contract documents, such as drawings and specifications
• Degree (Master’s preferred) in structural engineering or related field
• 5 – 10 years of structural engineering experience, including demonstrated project and staff management
• Professional Engineer’s License
• Working knowledge of current industry software, including SAP2000, ETABS, RAM, Risa3-D, PCA Software, Revit, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong technical skills
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package includes matching 401k plan and company-paid medical and dental insurance.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.