Thornton Tomasetti’s London office seeks both a Façade Engineer and Sr. Façade Engineer for its Building Skin practice. Candidates must have an understanding of specialty façade design from both an architectural and engineering perspective.
• Manage various façade projects such as steel and glass systems, unitized curtain walls, metal/stone and various others types of cladding
• Meet with architects to further develop façade design concepts initially developed with senior façade engineering staff
• Generate CAD detailing and in 2D or 3D format which would be provided to clients
• Perform structural or thermal/solar analysis where capable or work with engineering staff for structural/thermal/solar analysis. Prepare reports for the clients
• Provide construction administration when required
*London Skin, Senior Façade Engineer*
• Experience managing projects
• Outstanding skills in façade design and detailing; 3-D software skills a plus
• 5+ years of experience in new building façade consulting and design, and detailing
• Degree in Architecture/Architectural Engineering with concentration in facades, sustainability or building physics or Degree in Civil/Mechanical Engineering, with concentration in structures or facades
*London Skin, Façade Engineer*
• Experience managing small to mid-size projects
• Skills in façade design and detailing
• 2+ years of experience in new building façade consulting and design, and detailing
• Degree in Architecture/Architectural Engineering or Degree in Civil/Mechanical Engineering, with concentration in structures
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefits package, which includes medical insurance and friendly, collaborative work environment.
To apply, please email your resume to Job_Openings_London@ThorntonTomasetti.com stating the role that you are interested in.
Follow these topics:
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.