Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a 100% employee-held organization of 1,200 engineers, architects, sustainability and support professionals collaborating from offices across the United States and in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East. We focus on providing a diverse suite of integrated services and leading innovation in our industry to ensure the continued success of our clients.
Thornton Tomasetti seeks a bright, client-oriented person for an entry-level helpdesk position in its London office.
• Use BMC FootPrints to accurately document, prioritize & track requests.
• Install, diagnose problems, repair, maintain, and upgrade all PC hardware, software, and equipment to ensure optimal performance
• Troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via email) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where needed
• Assist in preparing, maintaining and upholding procedures for logging, reporting and statistically monitoring desktop operations
• Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, network cards and other components and equipment
• Train and orient staff on use of hardware, software, and IT policy and procedures
• Work with vendor support to resolve technical problems with desktop equipment and software
• Degree in computer science
• Preferred Certifications: A+ (MSCA and/or MCITP. Network+ certification a plus)
• Technical Knowledge of PC/Mac hardware. Specific knowledge of hardware including Dell Workstations, Lenovo Laptops, HP Printers, Kyocera Copiers, Oce Plotters, Blackberry and iOS handheld devices a plus.
• Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
• Strong working knowledge of Windows 7, Mac OS X, Microsoft Office 2010/2013 and VM Fusion.
• Working knowledge of Windows Server 2003/2008, Exchange 2010, AD & Group Policy a plus.
• Knowledge of CAD/BIM applications (Autodesk and Microstation products) a plus.
• Effective interpersonal, relationship-building and written/oral communication skills.
This position will require some evening/weekend/travel work with overtime compensation. Benefits include medical, dental and a friendly, collaborative work environment.
• Must be able to work after hours / weekends and travel, as situations require
• Sitting for extended periods of time
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand and power tools, and to handle other computer components
• Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy to heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals
People Successful in this Position
• Are good prioritizors
• Are well organized
• Enjoy learning new things
• Enjoy variety
• Enjoy problem solving
• Enjoy helping others
To apply, submit your CV and cover letter to Job_Openings_London@ThorntonTomasetti.com. Please list ‘IT Support Technician’ in the subject line.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.