Thornton Tomasetti’s Property Loss Consulting practice has opportunities worldwide for Senior Forensic Structural Engineers. The global PLC practice performs structural, architectural and MEP investigations on behalf of insurance companies and their adjusters and attorneys. Services offered include: cause and origin, scope of damage, code consulting and litigation support for buildings, structures and facilities damaged by man-made or natural events.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for problem-solving and an interest in sharing new experiences and ideas. In addition to experience in the investigation and repair of building structural systems, candidates should be technically strong and good communicators. The candidate must demonstrate consistent initiative and action to proactively solve client assignments, develop relationships, and generate business.
• Take a leadership role in developing our global consulting business, leading teams on technical assignments as well as growing the existing client base.
• Current opportunities include all U.S. locations and internationally in New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the Middle East.
• Positions will offer local travel 25% to 50% of the time; international assignments may include temporary relocation for 6 to 12 months. Travel requirements are flexible to the appetite of the candidate.
• Degree (Master’s or Ph.D. preferred) in structural engineering or related field
• Professional Engineer license
• Experience with structural design/investigation, with an interest in litigation support and insurance claims evaluations associated with building failures
• Experience in building design, construction, and project management (new construction and existing buildings)
• Seismic experience a plus
• 7 to 10 years of structural consulting experience
• Knowledge of building materials, field investigation methods, and scientific principles as they relate to building performance, existing building repairs and new construction projects
• Experience managing small and medium-sized projects, with staff ranging from one to 10 professionals.
• Active in professional and forensic organizations
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and structural analysis applications
• Ability and desire to travel outside local area, depending on local work load and project locations
• Ability to work in the field
• Strong technical, written, and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal (teamwork) habits
• Strong client management skills and business development experience
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, a matching 401(k) plan, and a friendly, collaborative work environment.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.