Thornton Tomasetti, Inc., an international leader in building design and technology, is seeking a talented Building Envelope Engineer and/or Architect for its Miami, Florida office to serve as a technical resource/leader for our expanding Renewal practice within South Florida. The ideal candidates should have a minimum of 10+ years of experience in diagnosis of building envelope issues and design of corresponding repairs.
Candidates should have an interest and experience in forensic investigation, litigation support, property condition assessments, damage assessments, repair and retrofit design. Assignments may include participating in field forensics investigations, analyzing existing buildings, writing reports, and developing design/repair drawings and specifications.
• Provide direction, coordination, planning, and completion of engineering investigations and projects.
• Communicate with clients to understand project requirements.
• Plan and formulate engineering investigations and programs and organize project staff according to project requirements.
• Perform analysis and design for all types of buildings and materials using various building codes.
• Manage project design and deliverables as was well as other design team members, supervise the work of engineers, architects and modelers, and direct project staff in preparing contract documents such as drawings and specifications.
• Understand and track financial information related to the project.
• Build and develop new client relationships, and nurture existing client relationships.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Architecture
• Florida P.E. or R.A. License
• Strong technical and detailing skills
• Excellent communications skills
• Excellent report writing skills
• Ability to efficiently execute forensic and other building envelope investigations
• Technical design experience preparing Construction Documents for repair/replacement of roofs, stucco, paint, windows, handrails, waterproofing, tile, pavers, sealants, etc.
• Experience managing Construction Administration of building envelope restoration projects
• Familiarity with Florida Building Code
Experience in the following areas preferred
• Familiarity with ASTM testing of exterior walls for air and water infiltration and mock up testing
• Familiarity with typical Florida construction for residential and commercial buildings
• Investigation of existing walls, windows and doors for leaks and other performance issues
• Investigation of existing buildings structures with problems or failures
• Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and staff
• Experience in handling entire project
• Ability to efficiently work on projects independently and as part of a design team
• Ability to develop existing and new client relationships
We offer competitive salary commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefits package, which includes company-paid medical and dental insurance, a matching 401(k) plan, and a friendly, collaborative work environment.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.