Electrical Engineer - New York - April 19, 2013
Thornton Tomasetti, an award winning multidisciplinary engineering firm with 25 offices worldwide, seeks Electrical Engineers with 3+ and 7+ years of experience for its New York office. We are putting special emphasis into the growth of our MEP offering nationwide, especially in our Building Performance and Property Loss Practices.
Candidates must have experience in contract document/specification preparation, as well as construction administration; including shop drawings and construction change directive review. Previous experience must also include execution of power distribution, lighting, fire alarm and low voltage building system investigations of existing buildings, and design of remedial repairs for deficient conditions. Investigations include failure cause and origin analysis, life cycle cost and feasibility analyses, property loss insurance and claims response, and litigation support.
If you are problem solver, client-centered, bright and have an entrepreneurial spirit, Thornton Tomasetti welcomes the opportunity to review your qualifications.
• Participate in the analysis, evaluation, design and specification of electric power distribution, lighting, fire alarm and low voltage building systems.
• Review calculations, code requirements, schematic designs, and budgetary cost estimates.
• Participate in construction administration activities including shop drawing review and construction change directive review.
• Prepare feasibility studies, reports, and cost analyses.
• Work with a multi-discipline team of design professionals.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Proficiency in design
• Proficiency in both manual and software assisted calculations
• AutoCad skills
• Ability to travel to project sites
• Professional Engineer’s License
• Strong analytical skills
• Demonstrated ability to satisfy clients
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Project management experience
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, a matching 401(k) plan, and a friendly, collaborative work environment.
Apply to this job
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.