Thornton Tomasetti is an award-winning organization of engineers and architects collaborating from 27 offices across the United States and in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East. From the tallest buildings in the world in Malaysia and Taiwan, to state-of-the-art sports and entertainment complexes across the United States, to landmark building restoration design and critical disaster response investigations worldwide, we take pride in providing value to our clients and an exciting work environment for our employees.
At this time we are seeking a talented Staff Accountant to join our accounting team at our headquarters in New York, NY. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate will have the ability to multi-task, follow through and meet deadlines within tight timeframes.
• Prepare general ledger account analyses and their respective journal entries
• Assist in the preparation and analysis of financial statements
• Prepare and maintain financial management analyses
• Review, research and interpret current and historical financial data and resolve departmental inquiries concerning financial reports
• Assist in preparing, consolidating, and analyzing firm annual budgets
• Assist with accounting system process enhancements and software upgrades, including testing and training
• Assist in the annual audit and other regulatory audits that occur during the year
• Assist management with special projects and ad-hoc analysis
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting
• 2-4 years of related experience, preferably in the professional services industry
• Deltek Vision experience preferred
• Strong Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word skills. Microsoft Access is a plus.
• Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new systems is required
Thornton Tomasetti offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a collegial work environment. For more information visit our website at www.thorntontomasetti.com.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.