Thornton Tomasetti Weidlinger Applied Science practice seeks a talented engineer with 10 to 20 years of experience in the DC area to provide on-site support to government clients. This individual will act as subject matter expert as part of a team to assessing the mission survivability of critical US and allied nation/theater mission systems. Activities will include technical support projects and design review effort.
Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a 100% employee-held organization of 1,200 engineers, architects, and sustainability and support professionals collaborating from offices across the United States and in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Structural Engineering. PhD or Masters of Science degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, desired
• Active TS or Q clearance
• Minimum 10 years operational experience in the military or other comparable civilian position in structural or civil engineering role.
• Experience working as a Licensed Professional Engineer.
• Extensive experience with all the following blast software: Vulnerability Assessment and Protection Option (VAPO), Component Explosives Damage Assessment Workbook (CEDAW), Conventional Weapons Effects Calculations (CONWEP), Window Glazing Analysis Response and Design (WinGARD), and Single Degree of Freedom Blast Effects Design Spreadsheets (SBEDS).
• Intimate understanding of regulations and requirements outlined in United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) directives, specifically the Unified Facility Criteria related to the DoD Minimum Standoff Distance and Security Engineering Design Manuals.
• Working knowledge of issues and threats driving Design Based Threat (DBT) for military and Government facilities and construction programs.
• Ability to determine effects of blast, damage assessment, and physical barriers to mitigate blast affects.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to prepare power-point presentations, reports, and white papers
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.