Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a 100% employee-held organization of 1,200 engineers, architects, and sustainability and support professionals collaborating from offices across the United States and in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East. We focus on providing a diverse suite of integrated services and leading innovation in our industry to ensure the continued success of our clients.
• Provide physical security/protective design consulting services for new and existing construction. Physical security topics include, but are not limited to, blast design, site layout, progressive collapse, and design of vehicle barriers.
• Perform calculations to determine blast loading environments.
• Perform nonlinear, dynamic analysis of building structures and façade systems using single degree of freedom, multi degree of freedom, and finite element analysis methodologies for dynamic blast loadings.
• Perform nonlinear, dynamic analyses of building structures using SAP 2000, ETABS, and other commercially available software for the prevention of progressive collapse.
• Read and interpret design drawings and REVIT models.
• Transfer design information from calculations to structural, architectural, and physical security drawings/models.
• Draft reports and memorandums to communicate physical security requirements and other technical design information.
• Coordinate physical security requirements and design information with architects, owners, contractors, and other engineering disciplines.
• Review shop drawings, calculations, and RFIs related to physical security design items during construction.
• MS degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, course work in structural dynamics or blast engineering strongly preferred, but not required
• Excellent verbal and technical writing skills
• Self-motivated and team-oriented
• All candidates must be able to obtain security clearance. (Applicant must be a U.S. citizen in order to obtain security clearance.)
• All candidates are requested to submit a cover letter with their resume.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.