We seek a talented Senior Engineer for our Construction Engineering practice in our Phoenix office. Candidates for the Senior Engineer position should have experience in the design or construction engineering of medium to large size complex structural steel projects.
Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are an employee-held organization of 1,200 engineers, architects, and sustainability and support professionals collaborating from offices across the United States and in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
• Provide direction, coordination, planning, and completion of construction engineering projects.
• Communicate with clients to understand project requirements.
• Plan and formulate engineering program and organize project staff according to project requirements.
• Perform analysis and design of structural systems for all types of buildings and materials using various building codes.
• Manage project design and deliverables as was well as other design team members, supervise the work of engineers and modelers, and direct project staff in preparing contract documents such as drawings and specifications.
• Understand and track financial information related to the project.
• 5-7 years of experience with projects similar in function, size and scope to the description above
• Undergraduate degree (Master’s preferred) in structural or civil engineering, or related field
• Strong technical skills in CHLEP (Cranes, Heavy Lifts, Erection Planning, Construction Engineering)
• PE and/or SE license.
• Working knowledge of current industry software, including SAP2000, ETABS, RAM, Risa3-D, PCA Software, Revit, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We prefer local candidates but relocation assistance can be made available for the right candidate.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, a retirement program, and a friendly, collaborative work environment.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.