Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a 100% employee-held organization of 1,200 engineers, architects, sustainability and support professionals collaborating from offices across the United States and in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East. We focus on providing a diverse suite of integrated services and leading innovation in our industry to ensure the continued success of our clients.
Thornton Tomasetti is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer for its Boston office. The Geotechnical Engineer will perform the layout, analysis and design of lateral earth support systems and other below grade structures. Responsibilities will also include coordination of work by other engineers and participation in geotechnical related field work. Candidates for the Geotechnical Engineer position should have experience in laying out and contracting exploration programs, laboratory testing, geotechnical engineering analysis, report preparation and construction monitoring related to deep and shallow foundations
• Master’s Degree in Geotechnical Engineering with 6-10 years of experience in the geotechnical field work, analysis and report preparation.
• PE required.
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Experience with structural analysis software (Slope-W, L-Pile, WEAP).
• Knowledge of finite element programs such as Plaxis or ANSYS preferred.
• All candidates must be able to obtain security clearance. (Applicant must be a U.S. citizen in order to obtain security clearance).
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefits package, which includes medical and dental insurance, a matching 401(k) plan, and a friendly, collaborative work environment.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.