The Senior Mechanical Engineer in Thornton Tomasetti – Weidlinger Applied Science practice is responsible for researching, planning, and designing building mechanical systems for a wide variety of industrial and laboratory projects. This includes interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating the design and production effort for one or more large or complex projects.
Thornton Tomasetti’s Weidlinger Applied Science practice leverages a unique combination of technologies and expertise to engineer practical solutions to problems of national and international importance. Talent is at the center of our practice.
• Professional knowledge of a broad range of mechanical engineering concepts, principles, and practices; and familiarity with other engineering disciplines and architecture
• Mechanical problem resolution and troubleshooting
• Responsible for generating and/or reviewing technical mechanical system analysis reports and/or studies
• Experience and in-depth knowledge of HVAC systems including controls
• Must be able to analyze and produce studies utilizing a computer based mechanical and energy modeling analysis tools
• A working knowledge of AutoCAD and REVIT MEP
• Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent report writing skills
Must be able to obtain and maintain United States Government security clearance
• A working knowledge of Microstation is a plus.
• Professional Engineer License with ability to obtain license in New Mexico.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.