Thornton Tomasetti, a premier engineering design and analysis firm with 1,200 employees in 40 offices seeks a Senior Tax Accountant. This is a newly created role, critical to managing and reconciling our data worldwide through analysis and consolidating tax data for our US tax preparer. The position is based at our NoMad/ Flatiron headquarters in New York City.
Reporting to the Controller, this position is an integral part of our Finance team, providing hands-on support for international tax compliance, quarterly and year-end financial reporting, and tax research for all TT Operating Companies. This individual will prepare analyses and workpapers that require tax knowledge and experience.
• Assist in quarterly and annual domestic and international ASC 740 (FAS 109/FIN 48) tax accruals and other tax assessments and “Accrual to cash” conversion
• Review of Forms 5471, 8858, 8865 prepared by outside tax firm for financial accuracy
• Research and prepare work papers for various book to tax differences
• Assist in developing global effective tax rate calculations and Transfer pricing documentation as needed
• Prepare analysis to help with attestation of foreign tax credit; previously taxed income; and foreign source income
• Assist with domestic and international tax planning projects
• Research tax issues for tax planning and compliance reporting and draft memoranda to support and document conclusions
• Review federal, state/local and international income tax returns/TDS
• Prepare and review various federal and state/local tax returns as needed for LLC’s and partnerships in which the company take a part.
• Prepare/Review other various tax filings, such as Sales and Use Tax, Franchise Tax, GST/VAT
• Review various personal property tax returns
• Monitor current and proposed, US and international tax law changes to determine Global impact
• Primary Point of contact for Domestic and International tax consultants and International audits.
• Three to five years of in-house or public accounting experience including one to two years of international tax experience.
• Technical experience in international tax compliance and tax provision.
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills, with initiative and persistence to pursue problems, resolution and opportunities
• Strong communication and team skills
• Familiarity with ERP, tax compliance and tax provision software
• Experience with Deltek/Vision software a plus
• Strong skills in Microsoft Office
• Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance required
• A graduate degree in tax is a plus; CPA is also desirable
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.