Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients locally, statewide and worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a 100% employee-held organization of 1,200 engineers, architects, and sustainability and support professionals collaborating from offices across the United States and in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East. We focus on providing a diverse suite of integrated services and leading innovation in our industry to ensure the continued success of our clients.
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. seeks talented entry-level engineers for our San Francisco, CA office. Projects include engineering design of new construction and forensic investigation, evaluation and structural manipulation of existing structures of all kinds, including education, health care, civic, commercial and mixed use high rise, transport and sports facilities to name a few!
• Structural analysis, design and detailing of steel, concrete, masonry and timber systems.
• Generation of three-dimensional analytical and Building Information Models using various software programs, such as AutoDesk REVIT, TEKLA, Rhino, Grasshopper, SAP, ETABS and others.
• Coordination of design work with in-house staff as well as other design professionals including Architects and other Engineering disciplines.
• Preparation of construction documents within a BIM environment.
• Master’s Degree is required (obtained or soon expected) in structural or architectural engineering, or a related field.
• Professional experience: <3 years • PE license is a plus. • Strong sense of teamwork. • Passion for design or technical excellence. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills. We offer an excellent benefits package including company-paid medical and dental insurance, a matching 401(k) plan, and a friendly, collaborative work environment.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.