Thornton Tomasetti seeks talented Technical Architects for our San Francisco Renewal practice. The ideal candidates for the Technical Architect position will have a solid background and/or interest in diagnosis of building envelope issues and design of corresponding repairs.
• Bachelor of Architecture (5 year degree), Master of Architecture, or M.S. in Historic Preservation
• Excellent organizational and project management skills.
• 3 – 5 years of professional experience in architecture, engineering or historic preservation.
• Field experience or strong interest in working onsite.
• Technical knowledge of building construction.
• Ability to travel outside local area, depending on local work load and project locations.
• Excellent AutoCAD skills
• Familiarity with ASTM testing of exterior walls for air and water infiltration and mock up testing.
• Strong graphic skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Revit, Photoshop and Bluebeam
• Investigation of existing walls for leaks and other performance issues.
• Investigation of existing buildings structures with problems or failures.
• Technical knowledge of historic building construction.
• Strong technical writing and communication skills.
• Strong technical and detailing skills.
• Knowledge of conservation or preservation techniques.
• Safety Training/Scaffold Certification.
• Ability to efficiently work on projects independently or as part of a team.
• Ability to nurture client relationships.
• Proficiency in languages beyond English.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, a matching 401(k) plan, and a friendly, collaborative work environment.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.