Thornton Tomasetti is an award-winning 850-person organization of engineers and architects collaborating from offices across the United States and in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East. Thornton Tomasetti addresses the full life cycle of a structure, with projects that include the tallest buildings and longest spans to the restoration of prized historic properties.
Thornton Tomasetti’s Chicago office is seeking talented structural engineers with 4-8 years of experience.
Candidates should have experience in medium to large size projects, such as office buildings, residential and institutional work, preferably in a consulting engineering firm environment.
• Perform analysis and design of structural systems for all types of buildings and materials using various building codes.
• Provide direction, coordination, planning, and completion of engineering projects.
• Communicate with clients to understand project requirements.
• Manage project design and deliverables as was well as other design team members, supervise the work of engineers and modelers, and direct project staff in preparing contract documents, such as drawings and specifications.
• Degree (Master’s preferred) in structural engineering
• Strong technical skills
• Working knowledge of current industry software, including SAP2000, ETABS, RAM, Risa3 D, PCA Software, Revit, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• SE and/or PE license.
• 4-8 years of experience.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, a matching 401(k) plan, and a friendly, collaborative work environment.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.