Thornton Tomasetti is seeking a Sustainability Intern for the Building Sustainability Practice in our Portland, Maine office. The ideal candidate will have a background in the architectural, engineering, or construction fields, and can apply his/her multi-disciplinary skills to green building projects.
• Provide direct support for projects seeking a green building certification
• Analyze, review, and document specific credits/requirements in multiple green building rating systems
• Gain exposure to various green building rating systems including LEED for New Construction, LEED for Commercial Interiors, LEED for Schools, SITES Rating System, WELL Building Standard, Living Building Challenge, and others
• Review LEEDv4 criteria and assist with refining in-house tools and project management documents
• Research green building technologies and materials
• Analyze information and prepare summary reports
• Participate in project team meetings, and record meeting minutes and action items
• Additional tasks as assigned
Interns are expected to work the equivalent of 40 hours/week for the summer with flexibility for holidays. Internship expected to begin mid-June 2017 and extend for 3 months, but may go up to 6 months.
• Familiarity with the LEED rating systems
• LEED GA is a plus
• Strong working knowledge of Excel
• Knowledge of graphic design programs
• Open to learning new things and excited to share knowledge with others
Applications must include: resume, cover letter describing your interest in sustainability, and at least 3 references with contact information. Documents must be combined into one file for upload to our system when applying. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.