Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is seeking a Sustainability Intern for the Building Sustainability Practice in the Portland Maine office. The ideal candidate for the Sustainability Intern role will have a background in the architectural, engineering, or construction fields, and can apply his/her multi-disciplinary skills to green building projects.
• Provide direct support for projects seeking LEED Certification.
• Analyze, review and document specific LEED credits
• Gain exposure to various LEED rating systems such as New Construction, Commercial Interiors, Schools and others.
• Review LEEDv4 criteria and assist with refining in-house tools and project management documents
• Research green building technologies and materials, analyze information, and prepare a summary report
• Participate in project team meetings, and record meeting minutes and action items
• Additional tasks as assigned
• Familiarity with the LEED rating systems
• LEED GA is a plus
• Working knowledge of Excel, graphic design programs
• Open to learning new things and excited to share knowledge with others
Applications should include resume, cover letter stating reasons for interest in Sustainability, and references. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Interns are expected to work the equivalent of 40 hours/week for the summer with flexibility for holidays.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.