Thornton Tomasetti is seeking an energetic design / construction professional or architect with 5-12+ years of experience to lead sustainable strategies and certification services for our NYC Sustainability Practice. The Sustainability practice is a growing ~20 person group spread between NYC, San Francisco, Chicago, London and Portland, Maine. Our purpose as a practice is to help design teams, developers, and owners create high performance, low energy buildings. Our collaborative efforts may be as a member of a multi service project team as well as an independent consultant to the design team or owners.
• Primary focus on New York and East Coast architects and developers with the ability to collaborate on projects across the country and around the globe as the opportunities arise with our clients.
• Participate in and support the development of practice wide sustainability services.
• Secure and lead projects in Sustainability, Building Certification, and/or Benchmarking.
• Collaborate, support and manage sustainable strategies and energy optimization services to architects and developers.
• Support synergies with other Practices: Structure, Facade, Renewal, Applied Science, Protective Design, and Transportation.
• Support synergies with CORE Group.
• Give lectures, teach workshops both in-house and outside the firm.
• Provide strategic internal education to support and advance the firm’s evolution as a global engineering company that embraces sustainability in all practice areas, and in how we operate.
• Work with the Business Development team to network and build client relationships in the NYC area.
• Help grow the NYC team to 8-10+ people over the next 4 years.
Job Time Split
• 15-20% Business development
• 65-80% Project work
• 5-15% General Practice Support
• 5-15%: Engage with Structure, Facade, CORE, Renewal, Applied Science
Expand Current offerings
• Collaborate with Practice leader, and grow the Sustainability Group in New York, and support the east coast efforts.
• Potential to engage with all offices in the Eastern Region once NY group is established.
• Support/offer LEED, WELL, Living Building Challenge, Passive House consulting services and sustainable strategies
• Collaborate with Technical analysis leader and teams
• Provide and support Materials Research for the practice in regards to red list, etc
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.