Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a 100% employee-held organization of 1,200 engineers, architects, sustainability and support professionals collaborating from offices across the United States and in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East. We focus on providing a diverse suite of integrated services and leading innovation in our industry to ensure the continued success of our clients.
Thornton Tomasetti’s Renewal practice seeks talented technical architects/engineers for our Boston office. The ideal candidates for the Technical Architect/Engineer position will have a solid background and/or interest in diagnosis of building envelope issues and design of corresponding repairs.
Candidates with 3-5 years of relevant technical experience are preferred, however we are also looking to hire entry-level candidates.
• Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in Architecture/Architectural Engineering with concentration in facades or historic preservation, or a bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in Civil or Structural Engineering
• Excellent organizational and project management skills.
• 0 – 5 years of relevant technical experience in architecture, engineering or historic preservation.
• Field experience or strong interest in working onsite.
• Technical knowledge of building construction.
• Ability to travel by car to jobsites, as well as outside local area, depending on local work load and project locations.
• Ability to climb ladders and scaffolds, carry equipment, and work at high elevations.
• Excellent AutoCAD skills.
• Familiarity with ASTM testing of building envelope systems for air and water infiltration and mock up testing.
• Strong graphic skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Revit, Photoshop and Bluebeam
• Investigation of building envelope systems for leaks and other performance issues.
• Investigation of existing building structures with problems or failures.
• Technical knowledge of historic and contemporary building construction.
• Strong technical writing and communication skills.
• Strong technical and detailing skills.
• Knowledge of conservation or preservation techniques.
• Safety Training/Scaffold Certification.
• Ability to efficiently work on projects independently or as part of a local or national team.
• Ability to nurture client relationships.
• Professional architectural or engineering license, or ability to obtain license.
• Building Enclosure Commissioning (BECx) experience.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, a matching 401(k) plan, and a friendly, collaborative work environment.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.