Intern – Thornton Tomasetti Foundation Communications Coordinator (part-time)
20 hours/month – fall and spring semesters (no summers)
Hourly Rate: $12-15/ hour
This role will support the institutional communications function for the Thornton Tomasetti Foundation. Position is based at our Flatiron/NoMad office.
Works directly with the Foundation Administrator and Board Members, and coordinates with the firm’s communications team.
The mission of the Thornton Tomasetti Foundation (TTF) is to:
• Fund fellowships, scholarships and internships for undergraduate students, and those planning to pursue graduate studies in building engineering, design or technology;
• Provide financial support for individuals and organizations pursuing philanthropic activities related to building engineering, design, or technology.
For more information: http://thorntontomasettifoundation.org
• Develop content – sourcing photos, writing captions, credits, descriptive text—for updates to Foundation website
• Update presentation material and other marketing collateral
• Assemble information for summary of TTF activities for annual report
• Help collect information in preparation of press releases; assist with review and approval of press release copy and images.
• Assist with letter writing and other communications with the academic stakeholders
• Attend monthly TTF board meetings to keep apprised of communications requirements.
• Demonstrated writing skills for marketing or public relations purposes
• Actively enrolled in an undergraduate degree program for communications or marketing – ideally a junior
• Experienced in web-based communications; HTML programming skills a plus
• Strong verbal communications skills with a variety of constituents
Please include a resume and letter describing your skills and interest in this role.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.