Thornton Tomasetti seeks a talented Project Engineer or Senior Project Engineer with 5 to 10 years of experience for our Dallas, TX office. Projects include new construction and retrofit in high rise, sports facilities, healthcare, retail, commercial, and education buildings.
Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are an employee-held organization of 1,200 engineers, architects, sustainability practitioners and support professionals collaborating from offices across North America and in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
• Assist in the direction, coordination, planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility.
• Communicate with clients to understand project requirements.
• Plan and formulate engineering program and organize project staff according to project requirements.
• Perform analysis and design of structural systems for all types of buildings and materials using various building codes.
• Manage other design team members and supervise the work of engineers and draft persons.
• Directs project staff in preparing contract documents, such as drawings and specifications.
• Between 5 to 10 years of structural engineering experience, including demonstrated project and staff management similar in function, size and scope to the above description
• Master’s preferred in structural engineering or related field; undergraduate degree in engineering is required.
• Strong technical skills.
• Current working knowledge of industry software, including: SAP2000, ETABS, RAM, Risa3-D, PCA Software, Revit, AutoCAD, and MicroSoft Office.
• PE and/or SE license.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision plans, 401K contribution, and generous paid time off.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.