Thornton Tomasetti, an international leader in building design and performance, has an opening for a Structural Steel Detailer in its Washington, D.C., office.
The successful candidate will create project deliverable drawings and models using our BIM software. Work includes mostly 3D geometry and also 2D detailing needed for complex projects.
• Assist in creating 3D BIM models to a high level of accuracy based upon sketches from the engineer or drawings supplied by other consultants.
• Assist in detailing and modeling of structural steel, cast-in-place and precast concrete structures. This includes plans, sections, elevations and details cut automatically from a 3D BIM model for medium to large-scale projects.
• Coordination of design work with in-house staff as well as other design professionals including architects, steel fabricators and other engineering disciplines.
• Plot drawings to pdf, dwg, or to paper plots from large projects.
• Basic user of AutoCAD and supporting technologies.
• Basic user of Revit Structure.
• Excellent understanding of 3D geometry and how to model surfaces and solid forms.
• Degree or certificate in drafting or modeling, or a related field.
• General understanding of building components to model structural components intelligently and efficiently and ensure the integrity of the structural models.
• Detailing background is a plus.
• Experience or understanding of Tekla Structures and interoperability with other software.
• Understanding of Information Technology including the hardware and software used to support the BIM environment.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, a matching 401(k) plan, and a friendly, collaborative work environment.
Follow these topics:Apply to this position
Thornton Tomasetti, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.