Thornton Tomasetti, the international engineering firm, announces that Daniel Wojnowski, Ph.D., P.E., has joined the firm as a senior vice president in the Chicago office. A forensics professional with nearly 35 years of experience, Wojnowski will provide additional senior-level support to Thornton Tomasetti’s Forensics practice and help grow its market share in the Midwest.
• Wojnowski specializes in commercial construction structural failures, construction accidents, site safety/OSHA incident evaluations, agricultural structural failures and building code evaluations. He comes to Thornton Tomasetti after 29 years at Engineering Systems Inc. in Aurora, Illinois, where he was most recently a principal.
• With a background in civil, structural and metallurgical engineering, Wojnowski brings a comprehensive skillset to the firm. He is experienced in investigations involving a range of structures, such as commercial and residential buildings, bridges, industrial plants, mobile and stationary cranes and stationary and fixed scaffolding. He works with property owners and managers, insurance adjusters and attorneys.
• In addition to his technical expertise, Wojnowski is a seasoned leader who has held a variety of management roles during his career, including principal engineer, practice group leader and director, corporate treasurer, director of corporate operations and manager of civil and construction materials engineering.
• A licensed professional engineer in 11 states, Wojnowski is also a Certified Residential Building Inspector and has completed a variety of OSHA safety certification courses.
• He holds a Ph.D. in metallurgical engineering from the University of Illinois at Chicago, and a master’s degree in metallurgical engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, from which he also received a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering.
Daniel Wojnowski, Ph.D., P.E., senior vice president, Thornton Tomasetti, Chicago
“I was drawn to Thornton Tomasetti in part because of the reputation and global reach of its Forensics practice, as well as its structural analysis and visualization/graphic expertise and the synergy between the firm’s client base and mine. I will blend well with the Forensic Practice given my three decades of experience in the field, and will bring additional expertise in failure analysis of agricultural structures including concrete and steel silos. My metallurgical background will help provide additional depth in the area of material science. I look forward to working with the many fine engineers, architects, and scientists within the firm.”
About Thornton Tomasetti (www.ThorntonTomasetti.com)
Thornton Tomasetti is a leader in engineering design, investigation and analysis serving clients worldwide on projects of all sizes and complexity. Through its 10 complementary practices, Thornton Tomasetti addresses the full life cycle of a structure. We have supported clients working in more than 50 countries, with projects that include the tallest buildings and longest spans to the restoration of prized historic properties. Thornton Tomasetti comprises more than 1,200 engineering, architecture, sustainability practitioners and support professionals who collaborate from offices across North America and in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
Great Ink Communications – 212.741.2977
Eric Gerard/ Lindsay Church/Alyson Grala
Thornton Tomasetti – 917.661.7800
James M. Kent, JKent@ThorntonTomasetti.com
Follow these topics: