Thornton Tomasetti, the international engineering firm, announces that Marcy Stanley, Hon. AIA, a vice president and business development manager in its Wall Street New York office, has been appointed to the New York State Board for Architecture by the New York State Board of Regents. Stanley will serve as the public member of the board, effective immediately.
Board members assist the Board of Regents and the State Education Department, advising on licensing requirements and examinations, and practice issues. The New York State Board for Architecture consists of seven professional board members who are architects, and one public member. Board members are appointed for a five-year term and may be reappointed for a second five-year term.
• Stanley has more than 20 years of experience in the AEC industry and spearheads business development efforts for Thornton Tomasetti’s Structural Engineering practice in its New York, Washington, D.C., and Boston offices.
• She assists the firm’s practice leaders in developing relationships and executing business development strategies, and organizes special meetings, presentations and seminars to introduce Thornton Tomasetti’s capabilities to new and existing clients.
• Stanley served as assistant director for the New York Chapter of the American Institute of Architects for three years and later served as a two-term member of the chapter’s board of directors as its director of development affairs.
• In 2009, she was named an honorary member of the American Institute of Architects for her contributions to the profession of architecture and her work in successfully bridging the architectural and engineering communities. This is one of highest honors the AIA can bestow upon a person outside of the architecture profession.
• Stanley is a member of AIA New York and Washington, D.C. Chapters, The Architectural League, Association for Preservation Technology International, Society of College & University Planners, New York Building Congress, Urban Land Institute, ERAPPA, Society for Marketing Professional Services, and the Society for American Military Engineers.
• She holds a bachelor’s degree in English from New York University.
About Thornton Tomasetti (www.ThorntonTomasetti.com)
Thornton Tomasetti is a leader in engineering design, investigation and analysis serving clients worldwide on projects of all sizes and complexity. Through its 10 complementary practices, Thornton Tomasetti addresses the full life cycle of a structure. We have supported clients working in more than 50 countries, with projects that include the tallest buildings and longest spans to the restoration of prized historic properties. Thornton Tomasetti comprises more than 1,200 engineering, architecture, sustainability and support professionals who collaborate from offices across the United States and in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
Great Ink Communications – 212.741.2977
Eric Gerard/Alyson Leiter/Lindsay Church
Thornton Tomasetti – 917.661.7800
James M. Kent, JKent@ThorntonTomasetti.com
Follow these topics: