Wrigley Building in Chicago.
Completed circa 1924, the 27-story Wrigley Building was designed by the Chicago firm, Graham, Anderson, Probst and White.
Thornton Tomasetti was retained to perform multiple design, investigative and repair services for the steel-framed, white-glazed terra cotta and limestone-clad structure that anchors Chicago’s Magnificent Mile.
In addition to collaborating on a four-phase restoration and renovation program for the Michigan Avenue and Rush Street limestone façades, granite paving, storefronts, lobbies, glazing and entry, a condition survey with repair recommendations and cost opinions was completed for the deteriorated concrete and steel of the elevated plaza.
Thornton Tomasetti also played a key role in the monumental re-lighting of the Wrigley Building through the design and analysis of new light towers and ancillary structures to be anchored along Michigan Avenue, Wacker Drive and at the Plaza of the Americas.
Construction administration services were provided for the improvements and restoration work at the property.
Follow these topics: