We test, quantify, analyze and find the sources of unwanted and objectionable noise and vibration in a variety of settings – residential, commercial and industrial – and compare results to relevant standards. Our expertise in acoustical and vibration-control design services for new buildings informs and enhances our forensics capabilities.
We use top-of-the-line measurement equipment and software to identify acoustic, noise and vibration problems and to provide economical and effective solutions. Our leading-edge tools include Brüel & Kjær and Larson Davis sound-level meters; tapping machines; impedance hammers, accelerometers and associated data-acquisition systems and software; APS ELECTRO-SEIS shakers; and acquisition systems such as CLIO and MLSSA for measuring interior acoustics.
Our expertise includes a wide range of testing and measurements:
• Sound transmission class (STC) testing.
• Speech privacy class (SPC) testing.
• Impact insulation class (IIC) testing.
• Reverberation time (RT60) measurements.
• Sound-level monitoring for OSHA.
• Sound-level monitoring and measurements for noise impact studies.
• Overnight simultaneous noise and vibration monitoring.
• Background sound-level measurements.
o Noise criterion (NC).
o Room criterion (RC).
o Preferred noise criterion (PNC).
• Silencer dynamic insertion loss (DIL) measurements.
• Acoustic enclosure transmission-loss measurements.
• In-duct sound-pressure measurements to ASTM-E2459 Standard.
• Sound and vibration correlation analysis.
• Vibration measurements to ISO 2631 & 5349 standards.
o Structural resonant frequency determination.
o Damping and mode-shape measurements.
• Equipment siting measurements for vibration sensitive devices.
o Electron microscopes, MRIs, CT scanners and more.
We can also implement project-specific data acquisition and monitoring systems to accommodate various clients’ needs.
Follow these topics: