Thornton Tomasetti, the international engineering firm, has announced its expansion into the Pacific Northwest with the opening of a new office in Seattle, Washington. Greg Briggs, P.E., S.E., LEED AP, a local expert with more than 25 years of experience in structural design, analysis and project management across all project types, has joined the firm as principal and will oversee the Seattle office.
• Thornton Tomasetti has offices in more than two dozen cities worldwide; Seattle will be its 27th location. The region is a center of innovation and industry and home to several Fortune 500 companies, which makes the firm’s expansion into the area a natural fit.
• Briggs is responsible for growing the firm’s project work in the region, across all practice areas. His duties include staffing, project management and business development.
• Prior to joining the firm, Briggs was a senior principal at Magnusson Klemencic Associates for nearly two decades. There, he specialized in museums and cultural projects, including the 250,000-square-foot San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and the 200,000-square-foot renovation and expansion of the St. Louis Art Museum.
• His Washington region design credits include the 190,000-square-foot LeMay America’s Car Museum in Tacoma and 1700 Seventh Avenue, a 524,000-square-foot office building in Seattle.
• Briggs holds a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from Oklahoma State University in Stillwater, a master’s degree in civil engineering from North Carolina State University in Raleigh and a master’s degree in business administration from the University of Texas at Dallas.
• He is a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers and the Structural Engineers Association of Washington. Briggs is a licensed structural engineer in Washington and California, a licensed professional engineer in Washington, California, Connecticut, Louisiana, Pennsylvania and Texas, and a LEED Accredited Professional.
Bruce Gibbons, managing principal and West Region leader, Thornton Tomasetti
“Opening an office in the Pacific Northwest is part of our strategic plan to achieve full coverage in the West Region. Greg brings more than 25 years of experience, with most of that in the Seattle market, and a strong resume of cultural projects with national architects. He is a great addition to our team.”
About Thornton Tomasetti (www.ThorntonTomasetti.com)
Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We fulfill the needs of our clients at every stage in the building life cycle through seven integrated practices in Structural Engineering, Façade Engineering, Forensics, Renewal, Construction Engineering, Property Loss Consulting and Sustainability. Founded in 1956, today Thornton Tomasetti is an 850-person organization of engineering, architecture, sustainability and support professionals collaborating from offices across the United States and in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
Great Ink Communications – 212.741.2977
Eric Gerard/Lindsay Church/Tom Nolan
Thornton Tomasetti – 917.661.7800
James M. Kent, JKent@ThorntonTomasetti.com
Follow these topics: