International engineering firm Thornton Tomasetti will open a new office in Denver, Colo. on January 30. The firm, which now has 25 offices internationally, is opening the new office to better serve current and potential clients in the western Central region and Mountain States. Senior Principal Steve Hofmeister will oversee the new office as manager of the company’s Midwest U.S. region.
Located in lower downtown Denver, the new office will offer Thornton Tomasetti clients the services of its Structural Engineering, Construction Engineering, Property Loss Consulting, Renewal and Forensics practices.
• Thornton Tomasetti has been involved on a number of high-profile design projects in Denver, among them the Pepsi Center, Vestas Blades Factory and the Metropolitan Gardens. The firm has also worked on Mountaineer Square at Crested Butte and has conducted property loss consulting work on Hanging Lake Tunnel near Glenwood Springs.
• Joining Mr. Hofmeister will be Senior Vice President Stan Welton, who will be based in Denver. Mr. Welton will be responsible for setting up the office, hiring personnel and marketing the firm’s services to area architects and contractors.
• Mr. Welton joined Thornton Tomasetti from Martin/Martin, a Colorado-based structural engineering firm. He has 34 years of experience in a variety of projects, including the History Center Colorado, Denver Justice Center, Colorado Convention Center and the Colorado Judicial Center. He has worked on stadiums, commercial and residential structures, and will leverage his local knowledge to pursue other large-scale projects in the area.
• Kansas City Project Engineer Benjamin Kaan, a Colorado native, will relocate to Denver as a member of the firm’s Construction Engineering team.
• The phone number for the new Denver office is 303.260.6425.
Steve Hofmeister, senior principal, Thornton Tomasetti
“The opening of a Denver office provides an opportunity to deepen and expand our relationships with contractors and architects in the area. We are eager to assist new and longstanding clients to create new projects and improve existing structures throughout the region.”
About Thornton Tomasetti (www.ThorntonTomasetti.com)
Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We fulfill the needs of our clients at every stage in the building life cycle through seven integrated practices in Structural Engineering, Façade Engineering, Forensics, Renewal, Construction Engineering, Property Loss Consulting and Sustainability. Founded in 1956, today Thornton Tomasetti is an 800-person organization of engineers, architects and other professionals collaborating from offices across the United States and in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
Great Ink Communications – 212.741.2977
Eric Gerard/Lindsay Church
Thornton Tomasetti – 917.661.7800
James M. Kent, JKent@ThorntonTomasetti.com
Follow these topics: