Thornton Tomasetti, the international engineering firm, announces that R. Wayne Stocks, P.E., LEED AP BD+C, has been appointed to the firm’s Board of Directors, joining nine other members for a one-year term. Mr. Stocks, a managing principal based in Washington, D.C., has over 25 years of engineering experience, and oversees the firm’s Mid-Atlantic and South U.S. regions.
• As a member of the Board of Directors, Mr. Stocks will work with other members to guide the overall direction of the firm in matters such as strategic planning, targeting new practices and regions, and everyday business matters.
• Mr. Stocks has worked on notable projects such as CityCenter DC, Washington Nationals Park and the Martin Luther King Jr. National Memorial in Washington, D.C., John Hopkins Hospital’s new clinical building in Baltimore, Md., and the Martin Army Community Hospital in Fort Benning, Ga.
• Mr. Stocks has a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from North Carolina State University, and a master’s degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Texas at Austin. He is a registered professional engineer in Maryland and Virginia.
• He is a member of the Board of Governors of the Thornton Tomasetti Foundation.
• Mr. Stocks is a member of Thornton Tomasetti’s BIM Executive Steering Committee, the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), the Structural Engineers Association of Metropolitan Washington (SEA-MW) and The Structural Engineering Institute (SEI). He is also a member of the American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) and the American Concrete Institute (ACI).
Thomas Z. Scarangello, chairman and CEO, New York, Thornton Tomasetti
“In our new members, we look for people who can bring a fresh new perspective to the Board, rounding out the thinking on critical issues and identifying opportunities to move in new directions. Wayne has considerable management experience and is a strong leader who can help Thornton Tomasetti develop our strategy for growth. He is extremely committed to the firm and his work, and will be a valuable addition to our Board of Directors.”
About Thornton Tomasetti (www.ThorntonTomasetti.com)
Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We fulfill the needs of our clients at every stage in the building life cycle through seven integrated practices in Structural Engineering, Façade Engineering, Forensics, Renewal, Construction Engineering, Property Loss Consulting and Sustainability. Founded in 1956, today Thornton Tomasetti is an 800-person organization of engineers, architects and other professionals collaborating from offices across the United States and in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
Great Ink Communications – 212.741.2977
Eric Gerard/Lindsay Church
Thornton Tomasetti – 917.661.7800
James M. Kent, JKent@ThorntonTomasetti.com
Follow these topics: