Thornton Tomasetti, the international engineering firm, announces that Carl Doebley has joined the firm as a senior vice president. Doebley will split his time between the firm’s New York and Philadelphia offices, providing historic preservation and exterior envelope services across the Eastern U.S.
• As an historic preservation specialist, Doebley focuses on materials conservation and the repair and restoration of historic buildings. He has more than 30 years of experience in technical problem solving and project management.
• Prior to joining Thornton Tomasetti, Doebley was a vice president at TranSystems Corp., (formerly DPK&A Architects) in Philadelphia, Pa., where he worked on the Central Synagogue and the American Museum of Natural History in New York City, and the United States Custom House and Byrne-Green Federal Complex in Philadelphia, Pa.
• Throughout his career, he has worked on a number of notable historic renovation and restoration projects, including the U.S. Post Office at Grand Central Station in New York City, the 30th Street Station in Philadelphia, Pa., and the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist in Savannah, Ga.
• He has extensive experience in condition assessment, cultural resource management, Section 106 regulations and landmark commission reviews. Doebley is a member of the Construction Specifications Institute.
• Doebley holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in architectural history from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, Pa., and The Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Md., respectively.
Carl Doebley, senior vice president, New York/Philadelphia, Thornton Tomasetti
“I enjoy every aspect of historic preservation work, especially hunting for new jobs and planning out our vision for the project beforehand. The work we do at Thornton Tomasetti is so diverse, and we are involved in a range of projects and building types. It will be a great thrill to bring my expertise in architectural renovation and restoration to the firm, and I anxiously await the many exciting projects to come.”
Gary Mancini, senior principal, Thornton Tomasetti
“Carl comes to Thornton Tomasetti with a great set of technical problem solving and project management skills, along with impressive credentials with cultural, civic, religious and institutional clients in the New York, Philadelphia and D.C. markets. He has been a good friend to the firm for many years and close collaborator on a number of significant projects. Carl’s expertise and connections really make him a natural choice to lead our focused pursuit of the high-end historic preservation market.”
About Thornton Tomasetti (www.ThorntonTomasetti.com)
Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We fulfill the needs of our clients at every stage in the building life cycle through seven integrated practices in Structural Engineering, Façade Engineering, Forensics, Renewal, Construction Engineering, Property Loss Consulting and Sustainability. Founded in 1956, today Thornton Tomasetti is an 800-person organization of engineers, architects and other professionals collaborating from offices across the United States and in Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
Great Ink Communications – 212.741.2977
Eric Gerard/Lindsay Church
Thornton Tomasetti – 917.661.7800
James M. Kent, JKent@ThorntonTomasetti.com
Follow these topics: